Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Confessions of a Wedding Planner - Why I Love Being a Wedding Planner

Elegant Details is very excited to be a part of the blogging world.

To start off our blog I thought it would be a good idea to introduce what will be a weekly installment of a story I have named "Confessions of a Wedding Planner"

The first installment is "Why I Love Being a Wedding Planner"

Some people ask "How do you do it?". Some people say "I could never do that". Some people say "your crazy". My response to all that as I shrug my shoulders is simply " I love weddings and I am a hopeless romantic". Plain and simple.

A deep passion is what I have and have had it for quite some time. When I think weddings I think love, unity, commitment, family, food, flowers, beautiful dresses, etc.

As a wedding planner I am the couple's friend, sister, therapist, director, producer, accountant and confidant. It is my job to ensure that my clients are relaxed, stress free and most of all happy. I am trained to handle all kinds of situations and problems. The goal is to provide superior customer service and to execute the client's vision for their wedding.

A wedding is one of the most important days of your life and I feel so honoured when I am a part of a client's special day. I have tears in my eyes when I send a bride down the aisle. I am so proud when the bride and groom are pronounced husband and wife. I am thankful when the reception is in full swing and everyone is enjoying themselves.

But what really brings it home to me is when I watch the newly married couple, my clients enjoy that special moment of their first dance together as husband as wife that makes my heart melt and my passion for everything wedding grows that much deeper!

Until next time thanks for reading.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment